Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Real GenCon post

This last weekend I went to GenCon in Indianapolis. Complete Nerdfest fun. Here are five of us that went, all friends from undergrad in Cedar Falls: Paul Gorecki, Cory Scanlan, Chad Delp, Michael Devin and I.

For those of you that don't know what GenCon is, it is a big gaming convention. Everything from D&D to Halo to Board Games. Many are played with a 20 sided dice, just a wee bit smaller than the one Chad is showcasing here.

Paul.

Here's Hans House, he joined us for a few gaming sessions. This was the Tower of Gygax, DM'd by Cory, and in honor of Gary Gygax, the creator of D&D who died this year.

This is the infamous COUGAR. Much different than the cougars Devin fancies in California, but equally open to trying new things. He was a bit creepy. I initially feigned fright and asked:
"Are you a bear?" ...His response, best put by Cory over on Scantabulous, was this:

The Cougar responded in a thick effeminate southern accent "Nawww, Ah'm a Cougar, can't ya tell from the looong taaail?""

I no longer had to feign my fear. A real furry.

2 comments:

Cory said...

Notice how in that first picture only Devin and Delp are actually facing the camera.

Is Hans's last name House? No way.

I thought for sure you were going to rickroll the link to Scantabulous too.

Travis said...

Hans last name is House, as in Dr. House.

I thought about rickrolling the link, but I wanted people to actually get over to your site to read your post on it, as you had a great synopsis of GenCon.

Anyway, I hope Insider comes out. I was thinking about that and it sounds like a good solution.